Dr. Moses Kim, M.D., Ph.D. Receives ‘Physician of Excellence’ Award in SP Robotic Surgery from Surgical Review Corporation
November 30th, 2021 by OCUA
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. / Nov. 24, 2021 – Moses Kim, M.D., Ph.D., urologic and robotic surgeon-oncologist and Chief Executive Officer of Orange County Urology Associates (OCUA), has received a trio of distinctions for his leadership in single-port (SP) robotic surgery in Southern California.
First, Dr. Kim was awarded a ‘Physician of Excellence’ distinction from Surgical Review Corporation for his body of work advancing single-port robotic surgery. He has now performed more than 100 single-port da Vinci® robot procedures and has trained dozens of surgeons.
Dr. Kim also secured a ‘Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery’ (COERS) / ‘Master Surgeon’ accreditation for his clinical programs at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach and Irvine, and at Orange County Urology Associates (OCUA).
Third, Dr. Kim was awarded a ‘Single-Port Robotic Surgery Training Epicenter’ distinction from Intuitive Surgical for training many surgeons on the value of the technology and surgical instruction.
“We are an epicenter for single-port training, helping other surgeons from world-class organizations learn about SP robotics,” Dr. Kim said. Here are some examples:
- Dr. Kim was one of four robotic surgeons nationally featured in a summer-long series of SP Roundtable presentations with other national leading SP surgeons. The series was featured on The Urology Channel.
- Surgeons from USC and Scripps visited Dr. Kim to learn about SP robotics.
- Dr. Kim gave a presentation on single-port da Vinci® robotics to surgeons at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles in June, 2021.
- Dr. Kim has been invited to speak at the World Congress of Endourology in Germany.
“The Master Surgeon/COERS accreditation means that I belong to a group of vetted surgeons who have all undergone a standardized review system that ensure we are all up-to-date and offering only the safest robotic procedures,” Dr. Kim said.
On Feb. 27, 2020, Dr. Kim became the first oncologist-urologic-robotic surgeon in Southern California to use the da Vinci® SP technique for removing a cancerous prostate (prostatectomy) at Hoag Hospital Irvine. This is a technology that few hospitals have yet acquired.
- Dr. Moses Kim, M.D., Ph.D. Receives ‘Physician of Excellence’ Award in SP Robotic Surgery from Surgical Review Corporation
- Moses Kim, M.D., Ph.D., performs his 100th single-port robotic surgery, offering patients fewer incisions, less pain, and faster recovery times
- Dr. Fuad Elkhoury joins Orange County Urology Associates
- Dr. Tebyani, Dr. Singh Win 2021 ‘Physician of Excellence’ Awards
- Six OCUA Physicians Named Super Doctors for 2021